Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Going on a Treasure Hunt...


I love to go on a treasure hunt...you never know what you will find, or what you will see along the way... My mom, my aunt, my sister, my niece and I headed west to the Flint Hills of Kansas in search of unique treasures to share at our next Friends of a Feather sale. 

We saw many beautiful sights as we traveled along the way...
gorgeous old barns...
old houses that, once upon a time, were filled with family's, who now needs to be appreciated for what they once were...
little towns that seem to have been lost in the shuffle, though if you looked close enough, you could discover their unique, wonderful qualities...
and sometimes you would find a great little spot to stop and do some digging for treasures...
you will have to come to our next sale to see what we found and brought home! 






























 The best treasure of all on this little excursion was the time I enjoyed with 
"my dearest friends of a feather"
...my mom...my aunt...my sister...and my niece...

~ Happy days to all! ~ Lauri


2 comments:

  1. What a fun day for you! I love drives in the country and taking photos of old buildings. What cities did you visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We drove through Council Grove, Cottonwood Falls and Emporia Kansas...it was a beautiful fall day!

    ReplyDelete