Sunday, February 12, 2012

In the Search of "Goodies"...

My sister, my niece and I took Mom to Ottawa, Kansas to celebrate her birthday last week, and to see if we could come across any goodies to bring to the Friends of a Feather sale.

We found goodies alright...but I won't be bringing these particular ones to the sale...the beautiful architecture of this small Kansas town, and the way they are being maintained by the current owners, is absolutely breathtaking!  These buildings, that were constructed over a hundred years ago, are nothing short of remarkable...built with intricate details...unique, creative artistic design...and pure craftsmanship.  I love that, on some, the year that they were constructed are engraved in stone and integrated into the building design, and some, additionally, feature a name.

I couldn't physically bring them to you...so I am sharing some of these wonders of a bygone era here on our blog...where I love to share creative and unique corners of our world with our "Friends of a Feather"!







As I was walking the main street of Ottawa photographing these beauties, Mom, Cara, Alexandra and I would tuck our heads into the many antique and flea markets that Ottawa had to offer!

By the way...we found some treasures that we DID bring home with us...

You'll have to come to our next Friends of a Feather Sale, which is on the calendar for 
Thursday, February 23rd from 6 to 9 p.m.
Friday the 24th and Saturday 25th from 10 to 5
to see what we found!



LOVE CUBBIES!!!










We took a break to enjoy some lunch at one of the local restaurants...






"I bet you can't wait to see what we found...."



4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I saw this post because in May we are going to Kansas to visit my son and we will be going through Ottawa to get there. We will be stopping now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry...You will NOT be disappointed!!! Have a great time!

      Delete
  2. I live just less than an hour from Ottawa, but haven't been there for quite a while. It's probably a good thing because I'd probably spend too much cash there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not hard to spend the $'s there, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete