Sunday, July 19, 2009

~ Paper Memory Quilt Workshop at Vintage Arts Studio

Gay and Teresa ~ two new "Friends of a Feather"...and best of friends :) ~joined us for Robin Macintosh's Paper Memory Quilt Workshop last week in my Vintage Arts Studio. They brought some of their own ephemera that represented some memories in their life, along with buttons, fabrics, beads, charms, photos and alot more "little diddles" to create their own one-of-a-kind 9 patch Paper Memory Quilt.

Robin is an amazing instructor ~ she knows when to step in and help ~ and knows when to step back and let the participants' own creative juices flow...

Gay had fond memories of her mother making her clothes when she was growing up in the 1970's ~ and some NOT so fond...when she wanted to wear a dress too short for her mother's taste :) ~ (I remember those days myself...) She used some of the actual fabrics these clothes were made from along with photos of herself in the same clothes to create her Paper Memory Quilt.

Teresa wanted to create her Paper Memory Quilt of things to represent the love between her other best friend...her husband ~ and herself. She has treasured a note from her husband that he gave to her many moons ago...as well as a little paper window she hung on her wall that he gave to her to brightenher outlook when she worked in a window-less office ~ Life is good :)


I wanted to try my hand at the Paper Memory Quilt, too! I used things that represent things that I love... the B&L represents my husband and I ~ married almost 30 years now :) ...the number 3 ~ which represents our three children Sara, Jennifer and Michael...dogs ~ I have two Great Danes ~ Cooper and Daisy Mae...old vintage homes...old typography...old laces...old keys. I have ideas flowing for more Paper Memory Quilts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment