Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Grama's Apple Butter ~ Available at the Upcoming Sale!

My Mom has been making this Apple Butter for years. She always makes up a big batch at Christmas time to give a jar to each of us kids (I usually get two jars :) but don't tell my siblings...) It is an old family recipe that my mom got from my dad's mother. This was the first time that I got together with Mom to make the recipe ~ I think it was about time! We thought that we would sell some at our upcoming Friends of a Feather event. It is the absolute BEST Apple Butter you can imagine! I tend to want to keep it all for myself... The process is quite simple...cook the apples down...grind the apples through the mill...

Add ALOT of sugar...

cook it in the oven for about an hour...

Pour into sterilized jars...

Seal with wax.

The Apple Butter looks so beautiful with the sun shining through the jars!

You will have to be sure to get a jar to take home with you when you come to our sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment